[Scribus] Donations

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Oct 14 16:00:59 CEST 2006

Maciej Hanski wrote:
> vince napisa?(a):
>
>> How does a person make donations?
>> I found about half the pages referenced on the left top of the wiki
>> blank including the Donations redirection.
>> I can't afford much but I would like to help some.
>>
>> Vince
>>

> As mentioned before by Scribus team members, they are in the process of
> creating a  not-for-profit organisation in France which will collect and
> distribute donations.
>
> Meanwhile, you and other supporters could donate for better hardware for
> our Scribus Public Wiki and Scribus Bug tracker (some of you may have
> noticed longer  loading times recently). More info:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_Public_Wiki:Site_support

How do we know, or is there a mechanism to give us feedback about what
our donation(s) would actually be used for? I realize that the wiki page
talks about what is needed, but by the time money is donated, it might
actually go to something else. Some nonprofits allow you to "adopt" a
project or item to put your money toward.

It would seem that this might be a nice personal touch to the process,
perhaps encourage more donations.
Also, any idea about how this might interact with US tax laws (re:
tax-deductible status)?

Greg