[Scribus] new problem - where's the js coming from?

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Tue Oct 10 23:14:37 CEST 2006

dwain.alford at gmail.com napisa?(a):
> the last problem is solved, however a new one has emerged.  where is the
> javascript coming from?  all of the settings are set to no javascript.
> when i open the document now a window opens and shows the following
> information:

Dwain, I'm heavily overnewsed and underinformed:)

What document? A PDF form? How did you create this PDF form, by using
Scribus's own PDF export (right) or using a PDF Distiller as a printer
(wrong)?

> 	Acrobat Database Connectivity Built-in Functions Version 5.0
> Acrobat EScript Built-in Functions Version 5.0
> Acrobat Annotations / Collaboration Built-in Functions Version 5.0
>
> SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

As stated above: which program produces this error?

> i don't understand. if i close the window and type in a "plain" text
> area, no problem.  when i try to type in the "date" field the window
> pops up again and lists a syntax error.

Which program? What have you been trying to achieve with this program?

i don't know how to get to the
> javascript to fix the problem.

You don't have to bother about javascript at this stage, I suppose. Have
you read the PDF form tutorial? Please describe in short the steps
you've done so far, the clearer the better.

M.