[Scribus] Mulatiple page print-out

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Sun Oct 8 17:09:19 CEST 2006

>  From the workflow point of view, I have to disagree with you. When a
> page is imposed, it means it has been proofed and accepted. At this
> point, we are in front of contract proofs and if we have to make *any*
> change (be it as tiny as you wish), it's going to have to be proofed
> again. Who will want to be responsible if anything gets screwed up by a
> minor change that results in a change somewhere else on the page? Not
> the printer.

I am not talking about editing content, I am talking about tweaking spreads, bleed and similar things. Some problems don't show until you have your publication printed on folded sheets. You might have to adjust the position of a line to avoid a jagged line across a spread etc.

> My point was not to add or to avoid editing possibilities. I was
> thinking about saving coding time and considering the safeness of the
> workflow (otherwise, why would we want a workflow, or even talk about
> it) PDF files are OK. I hope it this is clearer now!

Yes, but that was also what I wrote originally: The imposition code can start by just using imported PDFs as images (as PDF import works today) and later on be extended to import PDF as PDF and later on import direkt from SLA.

/Peter