[Scribus] Going off subject

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Oct 3 03:23:15 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2006 01:51 schrieb hovergo at net-tech.com.au:
>   <snip>
>
> > So I, being very used to my SAKO 22-250 bolt action rifle?? --- Star Trek
> > lazer ray gun ??-- written in Klingon ??
>
> </snip>
>
> Did I miss something here,  Borg discussing Klingon - I blinked and
> we have a gun lobby.
>
> Please stay on subject.
>
> The Scribus discussion algorithm is as follows.
>
> #<include stdio;
> # <include> Scribus_comments;
> $All_Variables = Scribus_and _only_Scribus;
> main()
> {
> $Discuss_Scribus = "Yes";
> $Other_discussion = "No";
>    if( !=Scribus)
>       { exit;
>         else discuss();
>       }
>   return(Scribus)
> }
> ----==========-------
> discuss(char a)
> {
> $discuss_Scribus = "yes";
> return(discuss_Scribus)
> }
> #-end of program--
>

> Much credit to the folks who put in the time to create tutorials, thank
> you. regards
> Roger

FWIW, apart from updating the old tutorial for both 1.2.x and 1.3.x, a
completely new one for 1.3.x only is in process, codenamed "Rembrandt" ;)

See: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:Contributors

Just as writing code, writing documentation takes its time, as does
translation. I originally intended to have a completely new tutorial ready by
October 2006, thus this month, but I currently have to pay the price for
performing three jobs at once, due to austerity measures with my employer,
and the price is health. I don't think I can get back to the project before
November 2006, if that. Meanwhile, I try to at least advance the German
translation of Niyam's tutorial as far as possible, just to provide something
for German speaking newbies.

To cut a long story short, there's much going on wrt documentation, but, as
Maciej has already pointed out, our ressources are limited, and help is much
appreciated. Even the idea of creating yet another tutorial or manual doesn't
interfere with anybody's objectives, quite the contrary. Get a Wiki account
and start right now! The whole idea of FOSS is free exchange of ideas, choice
and competition. So let the users have as much choice as possible. But to
provide these choices, we need more people willing to contribute.

Cheers,

Christoph