[Scribus] OT - Guidance needed for Book Publishing

Tim Jowers timjowers
Tue Nov 28 23:26:23 CET 2006

Asif,

   I had good luck with LuLu.com. $99 and a PDF book gets you on Amazon.com.
See: http://www.serviza.com/bizbook/SoftwareIsFree.php
   A few fits and starts as only B&W is allowed through their
distributor and had to learn to use ps2pdf13 to get into the ADBE
format. So it took me 1.5 months of submitting and resubmitting rather
than the efficient 1.5 weeks I'd expect next time. Amazingly, AMZN
picked it up almost instantly once I released it to the distributor
(well, on each Wed LuLu pushes to the distributor and I approved on
Tue).
  WRT making it free. I've had towards 100 downloads but not one
feedback email. Disappointing. One idea with tech books are they are
outdated as soon as they are written so one has to start on the next
version right away. Still did not decipher the mystery of how AMZN
derives the book price but guess I can worry about that later.

TimJowers