[Scribus] Scribus-1.3.3.5-1 build problem on Zenwalk-4.0

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Nov 27 02:46:48 CET 2006

avox wrote:

> Riku Leino wrote:
>> R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
>>> mspinbox.cpp:381: error: no matching function for call to
>>> `FunctionParser::AddConstant(const QString&, double&)'
>>> fparser.h:46: note: candidates are: bool
>>> FunctionParser::AddConstant(const std::string&, double)
>>> What could be the problem? What should I do to solve this?
>> Looks like it's not converting QStrings to std::strings here. You could
>> try
>> doing that explicitely with the AddConstant() calls.
>>

> The cause might be some Qt compilation option, STL_COMPATIBILITY or such?

QT_NO_ASCII_CAST would do this too.

As it happens, we should never be using the implicit QString->char* or
QString->std::string conversions anyway. They don't properly consider
encoding issues, and either encoding issues should be considered, or a
QString should not be used in the first place.

--
Craig Ringer