[Scribus] Save as compressed file all the time?

robbro robbro9
Fri Nov 17 19:59:40 CET 2006

I'm using 1.3.3.5, which by the way seems much snappier than 1.3.3.2 which I
was previously using.  At any rate, checking the compress tick box when
saving a new document knocks the size of my doc down from around 183 kb to
about 15 kb.  I generate and save about 10 to 20 documents a week, and back
them up, so this savings compounds over a few months to be sizeable.
I was wondering if there was a way to set Scribus to automatically save
everything as compressed without having to check the tick box on every save
as that I do?
I have already set windows up to automatically open .gz files with scribus,
so the opening of said files works fine.