[Scribus] Rotating Characters in a text box

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Nov 19 02:43:09 CET 2006

Russbucket wrote:
> I have a vertical test box but I need the characters to be Horizonal within
> the box. Is there a way to rotate the characters without change the location
> of the box. Below is how text box looks.
>
>                         ----
> 		       | X |
> 		       | E |
> 		       | R |
> 		       | O |
> 		       | X |
>                         ----
>
> Any pointers on how to do this. I was able to do it when I used MS Publisher,
> now converting everything to Scribus on Linux.

Axel's suggestion will help, but you need to also set justification to
Center, so that you can adjust the borders, etc. Also, you presumably
want to have the middle of each letter line up with the middle of the
one below it, which will only happen if you center the text.

Greg