[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.3.4 Feature Freeze and 1.3.3.6String Freeze

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Nov 17 00:10:25 CET 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:
> [...]

Here's a more precise link:

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=install1

One thing not quite clear in the instructions is that when you login to
CVS, it's really more like 'cvs login <ENTER> <ENTER>'. The first
<ENTER> asks for a password, which is null (ie, nothing), so you just
press <ENTER> again.

One further note -- since there can be some instabilities (at times)
with the most advanced CVS version (currently 1.3.4), you may want to
install your 1.3.4 in a separate directory, so you don't overwrite a
more stable version, and it also allows you to run either version by choice.
With the old make, you did this when you configured, with './configure
--prefix=/home/gregp/scribus134'. I'm not sure how to do this with cmake.
Another advantage of putting in another directory is so you can install
without sudo or becoming root, in fact it's a way to make sure you're
installing where you want by doing 'make install' as a user.

For the above example, the executable will be
'/home/gregp/scribus134/bin/scribus'.

Greg