[Scribus] Using Pantone colors fails

Plinnell mrdocs
Thu Nov 16 23:02:45 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 16:56, Corn? Verbruggen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> following the guidelines on
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_use_spot_colours_with_Scri
>bus
>
> I tried to use Pantone colors. For some reason it does not work out
> the way it should. When I print the pdf's at my print office, the
> rgb/cmyk colors are used instead of the Pantone spot colors.
>
> The print office has spot color capable printing devices (Xerox). I
> even got their "Xerox DocuSP solid coated color simulation chart"
> and used the color names from it (e.g. 'PANTONE 102 CS" for a kind
> of yellow).
>
> Somewhere I must be making a mistake. Any advice?
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Corn?

That method on the wiki is somewhat out of date. Scribus can import
spot colors via the Edit > Colors from other documents. In 1.3.4cvs,
you can import spot colors of all kinds directly from EPS, PS and
even some .ai files.

The issue you are hitting is the way the spot colors are embedded in
the PDF. That should work fine in 1.3.4.

Peter