[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.3.4 Feature Freeze and 1.3.3.6 String Freeze

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Nov 14 23:43:51 CET 2006

We are very pleased to announce a feature freeze for the upcoming release of
Scribus 1.3.4. We are concentrating on finalising the development of major
enhancements, making only minor changes and fixing issues.

We plan to release a release candidate in the near future and at that point a
string freeze for the final 1.3.4. This would now be a good time for
translators to start to catch up if necessary, although recent strings may
continue to change.

Scribus 1.3.4 brings major enhancements to the text engine, a new
style system, better support for various graphics file formats,
development of the colour management processes and hundreds of
other improvements. This is probably the most significant release in
the 1.3.x series so far.

With this announcement, we are also preparing for another release
in our 1.3.3.x stabilised series. We have backported the CMake build system
setup to 1.3.3.6 for those wishing to test it, although the autotools system
remains the default for the 1.3.3.x series for linux. Some recently reported
issues in 1.3.3.5 are already fixed and we would also like to encourage
translators to update their files in the next two weeks for a 1.3.3.6 release
at the end of November.

Regards
The Scribus Team