[Scribus] Where to setup bleed

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Nov 14 00:07:09 CET 2006

Riku Leino a ?crit :

> Say if there was bleed in Scribus where would you like to set it up. New
> document dialog, only when exporting, only in prefs, all of these, somewhere
> else?

Interesting question.

It forces to think it over. I like that.

I like the idea of having this right at the start. It obliges to check
the specs of the job before the start. Not a bad habit... Bleed or no
bleed drives the design... Why so many people forget about it might be
just for that reason: they see the option too late in the process! We
always end up discussing about the workflow! At the same time, many if
not all experienced DTP people will look to see that in the Print/Export
dialog.

I didn't see the feature yet. I know it's in CVS. I will have a look and
get back to you with more if necessary.

Can we set the default bleed of 9 pts or 1/8th of an inch? I don't know
what the metric world uses as default but I guess these figures should
changes according to the unit you choose to work with.

Can't wait to see this for real! :)

Louis