[Scribus] running scribus 1.2.4.1 want to upgrade

listen at thomas-zastrow.de listen
Thu Nov 9 10:42:59 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 06:38, Dwain Alford wrote:
> hi again,
> i have changed operating systems to ubuntu 6.06.1.lts.  the scribus package
> is 1.2.4.1.  i don't think the latest stable version has been packaged for
> ubuntu yet, but i want to upgrade.
>
> here's my problem,  i don't know how to install a tarball.  would someone
> please contact me off list and help me?

I compiled the source myself on Kubuntu 6.x. I remember that it wasn't a
problem: It needed some more libs to be installed, but that could be easily
done with adept.

Just download the source, untar it and run ./configure. This will tell you all
about the missing libs.

Best,

Tom