[Scribus] Character Format Import

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Nov 9 03:27:27 CET 2006

Calum Polwart wrote:
> I understood that character format import on Scribus was not available -
> and isn't available until scribus 1.3.4: But I seem to be able to do it?
> (using ODT files, scribus 1.3.3.4)

The ODT importer does handle some styling information. It turns
paragraph styles into Scribus paragraph styles. It can't import
character styles directly because Scribus does not support them yet, so
it applies the formatting of the character style directly to the text
(AFAIK).

That's probably the source of your confusion. It can't create character
styles in Scribus because none are supported yet, but it can still use
the ODT character styles to apply formatting directly to the text.
There's just no style defined; you can't go and globally change it later.

--
Craig Ringer