[Scribus] Using Scribus in the classroom?

Peter Nermander m8130
Wed Nov 8 11:46:44 CET 2006

> What fascinated me most was the REAL ease with which I could just
> click and create a frame and put text in it and move it anywhere on
> the page - with extremely precise control. Reducing/increasing space
> between "individual" characters "with precision" was another instant
> attraction.

That can be done in MS Word too, if you want to. Ok, for manual kerning I think
you have to add keyboard shortcuts to do it easy, but text frames and manual
kerning ARE available in MS Word.

The problem is that because Word lets you put text directly on the page, people
think that is all it can do.

/Peter