[Scribus] Using Scribus in the classroom?

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Tue Nov 7 08:15:38 CET 2006

Moritz Dorka schrieb:
> Hi Nanette,
> I've been using Scribus for quite a while to produce a school newspaper. Its
> in German (so DIN A4 size) though. Out of my own experience I would say 5th
> grades are far too young to use DTP-Apps (or just about any App). At my
> school students of that age usually dont even find the right letters on the
> keyboard... But hey, might be different at your school.

Hi Moritz,

Our son discovered Publisher when he was 10 or 11 and produced some
marvelous private newspapers with it which he distributed in the family.
He is using DTP ever since, and Scribus from its first Windows version,
no problems.

The critical point is page layout. I'd guess the kids would need some
templates to give a starting point for playing around with first. There
are some nice newsletter templates for Scribus, so I'd give those a try.

Rolf