[Scribus] colours in pdf

Terence Chan terence
Mon Nov 6 03:36:36 CET 2006

Thanks to all those who replied to my previous post about colour
management. I've just about got the hang of it now, apart from some
fine tuning. My one remaining concern is that once I've exported
to a pdf file, the colours look nothing like the scribus original in the
Acrobat reader acoread. Indeed even B&W images for which colour
management isn't an issue appear quite differently in acroread. Is
this just a problem with the way acroread displays images, or do I have
to apply the CMYK profiles if I want to provide a pdf file to a
professional printer?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Terence