[Scribus] Table of contents

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sun Nov 5 13:49:40 CET 2006

John R. Culleton napisał(a):

>>> Is there any Scribus facility for TOC or must I gin
>>> one up by hand?
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents
>>
>> cheers
>> Maciej
>>

> I followed that wiki article up to the last step but no I am stumped. It says:
> Go to File->Document Setup and then to the Table of Contents and Indexes
> screen. Add a new Table of Contents, if necessary, and select TOC as its item
> attribute name. Select an existing empty frame in your document that will
> hold the table of contents.
> I created a TOC using the TOC and indexes screen. I gave it the name of my
> empty text frame. But the linkage is not established to the empty frame
> AFAICT. When I designate frames for the TOC and then refresh the TOC nothing
> happens.

I've just gone through the steps of the Wiki article and it works
(admittedly, in its own, awkward way:). I've added 2 new screenshots to
the Wiki article and attached a properly setup sample Scribus document
to this email -- just choose "Extras/Generate Table of Contents" to see
how it works.

Please let us know which part of the Wiki article needs to be better
explained (or simply DIY:)

HTH
Maciej