[Scribus] Troubleshooting an FC6 upgrade

Tornóci László torlasz
Fri Nov 3 21:49:16 CET 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> frank gaude' wrote:
>> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to figure out why I can't print directly from Scribus ever
>>> since I upgraded from FC5 to FC6.
>>>

>> I have the same issue. GIMP prints out perfectly, as do PDFs using KPDF,
>> but not 1.3.3.4, using only gs 8.15. I await for someone to point to a
>> solution.
>>
> I'm finding I can't get Adobe Reader to work at all on FC6. I suspect
> something has moved around and the executable can't find it.
>
> At any rate, some serious caution flags about upgrading to FC6.

Acroread 7.0.8 works fine for me on FC6. The binary had been installed
originally for FC5, I upgraded to FC6 (and applied all updates) since then.

I haven't tried printing directly from scribus (I prefer to produce
pdf's and print them from acroread).

On the other hand, FC6 provides scribus 1.3.3.4 (in the extra repo I
guess) while FC5 had the old 1.2.x version. So an FC6 user can easily
get 1.3.3.x with proper dependencies by typing 'yum install scribus'.

					Yours: Laszlo