[Scribus] Microsoft and Novell Announce Broad Collaboration onWindows and Linux Interoperability and Support

Nicholas Vettese nvettese
Fri Nov 3 13:15:25 CET 2006

But unlike proprietary operating systems, we still have a choice.
Debian, *ubuntu, Fedora, and more.  We have choices, but remember, Suse
Linux Enterprise Edition is not being marketed to the masses.  It is
being marketed to corporations, where many have a Linux box up and
running, and no support.  Right or wrong, it doesn't bother me, because
there is still a choice.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
[mailto:scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of Asif Lodhi
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 7:01 AM
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Microsoft and Novell Announce Broad Collaboration

On 11/3/06, MaHan <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> http://www.novell.com/news/press/item.jsp?id=1196
>
> As a result, Microsoft will officially recommend SUSE Linux Enterprise

> for customers who want Windows and Linux solutions. Additionally,
> Microsoft will distribute coupons for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
> maintenance and support, so that customers can benefit from the use of

> an interoperable version of Linux with patent coverage as well as the
> collaborative work between the two companies.

Novell-related guys have been developing Mono for quite some time now.
 Sometime back, there was a very lengthy flaming thread on the Gimp
mailing list highlighting someone specific to be furthering the MS
cause.  Around the same time, it was heard that Microsoft had acquired a
good equity share in Novell. And now this ... :)  Where are we heading
Scribus mailing list
Scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de