[Scribus] Scribus movies?

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Nov 2 17:38:37 CET 2006

MaHan wrote:
> Hi list,
> I've just come across this Youtube movie:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAicUk-p0lU

There's actually some bad info in that. AFAIK you do _not_ need gs
installed to export to PDF unless you have included PostScript/EPS or
PDF images in the document.

The video also recommends "PrimoPdf" for PDF export. That really
shouldn't  be required, but if it is, you probably won't be surprised to
see this note on their website:

"PrimoPDF is covered under the Aladdin Free Public License (AFPL) and
the source code (including changes to Redmon) can be downloaded here.

"PrimoPDF also uses AFPL Ghostscript (the source code can be downloaded
here) and Redmon (the original source code can be downloaded here)."

... so, much like PDFCreator, they're gs-based. I find it slightly
amusing that someone might recommend using a gs-based tool to avoid
installing gs.

> This is a quite funny coincidence, since only a couple of days  ago I'd started to gather  some ideas for new promotion stuff, including Scribus videos.
>
>   http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Talk:Promotion_material
>
> Therefore, some questions to the list:
>
> -- Which tools are required to produce such videos (meaning  multiplexed video and audio streams)?

There are a few such tools. A google search for something like `screen
video capture' should turn up a few. I vaguely remember vnc2swf being
one such tool.

--
Craig Ringer