[Scribus] Windows booklet printing

Peter Nermander m8130
Thu Nov 2 13:13:26 CET 2006

I changed the subject to reflect the topic.

> For Scribus to be a success, I am indeed of the opinion that the
> Windows build cannot be considered secondary. For all his mistakes,
> his low blows, his tricks, let's not forget Bad Billy has also
> made some clever choices.

Scribus is a page layout tool, not a booklet printing tool. Why should Scribus
be the tool to give Windows support for booklet printing? Isn't the lack of booklet printing in Windows a
weakness of Windows?

In the *ix world there is one application for each task. That way nobody will
have to invent the wheel twice.

Under Windows some programs have booklet printing support, others don't. Some
printer drivers have booklet support, others don't. If your printer driver does
not support booklet printing, why don't you contact your printer manufacturer
and ask them to add that feature? You PAID for your printer, you didn't
pay for Scribus. Why do you want a free program to cover up for a weakness of a
product you bought?

/Peter