[Scribus] Prepare EPS for commercial print

mvdg27 mvdg27
Tue May 30 00:31:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Scribus and DTP in general. I'm currently in the process
of getting to know the basics, but I do have one question I couldn't find a
clear answer on while searching the internet.

I recently designed a company logo in Inkscape. Since Inkscape produces
vector graphics I figured they would be suitable for printing. But the
commercial printers I contacted told me they need eps files in CMYK format.
Since Inkscape doesn't have that ability, but Scribus does I decided to
import the logo in Scribus and export it to eps from there.

Now I need some extra help on preparing the eps for commercial print. How do
I convert the RGB colors to CMYK? How would I for example convert RGB
00,00,255 to its CMYK equivalent? I read something about ICC profiles, but
I'm not sure if I understand and use them right.

So by means of this message I hope someone can give me some help on
preparing my logo (and business cards and letters) for commercial print.

Thanx in advance. -Michiel