[Scribus] FOSS Competition for Scribus ;)

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Sat May 27 08:44:25 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer schrieb:

> Everybody please download and test this one. Next time we have complaints about Scribus'
 > usability, we can be a little more relaxed, I suppose ;)
I already had a look at it, one major drawback is that it can only output
RGB bitmaps, no vectors at all. This disqualifies it for most pro stuff.

> Actually, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The effort deserves respect, no doubt,
 > but I don't think _this_ UI will have the slightest chance of becoming a viable FOSS
 > alternative to the old bulls (PM, QXP, ID).
Yeah, the Blender UI is quite unusual, but that is all a matter of taste.

Franz Schmid