[Scribus] Envelopes with Scribus ?.

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri May 26 17:36:15 CEST 2006

Klerman wrote:
> I'm trying to print on a 240mm width x 105mm height envelope.
> I did the arrangement of the graphics and text with Scribus on such a
> paper and then tried to print it. I use a HP PSC 1610 printer for
> these tasks.
> There's no way I can print the design on the envelope.
> Any tutorial or tip would be great to me.
I do envelopes quite a bit with Scribus -- usually no fancy graphics.
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Stupid_reasons_we_use_Scribus#Envelopes
I've found that is isn't worth the bother to use a custom page size. To
start out, you need to note how envelopes feed into the printer - some
are off to one side, some are in the middle.
Then use guide lines to help you place your graphics/text, rotate as
needed, set up your envelope in the printer and print. You can then save
your page with guides and even a nonprinting text frame with
instructions on how to set it up next time.

As I'm working with the layout, I will usually try things out with
regular paper -- if it prints on regular paper it will print on an
envelope, as long as the envelope is positioned properly.

Greg