[Scribus] 1.3.4cvs compile problem, OK now, but...

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri May 26 03:51:52 CEST 2006

Craig Ringer wrote:
> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
>> Tried last night, again tonight, and compiling hangs on something call
>> lgnutls:
>>
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnutls
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[3]: *** [scribus] Error 1
>>
>> I didn't find any problems with configure.
>>

> gnutls is an encryption library very like openSSL. It's not clear why
> configure would be trying to use it. Is it possible that you recently
> updated a package that Scribus uses, and the updated version has a .po
> file (for pkg-config) that tells Scribus to try to link against gnutls
> when linking to it?

Well, the compile problem has gone -- I didn't file a bug, thought it
best to wait a few days.
What did happen that in some way took care of the problem was that I did
a 'yum update' on my FC5, and along with the cups, cups-devel updates,
it said that due to a dependency, cups-devel needed gnutls-devel(!), so
that was installed. Perhaps cups-devel changed something recently(?).

So the compile went OK, it installed OK, but the 25 May 2006 build of
1.3.4cvs gave me a message at startup, saying that some of the plugins
did not install properly, "propably(sic) due to dependency problems".

Greg