[Scribus] 1.3.4cvs compile problem

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 22 05:18:08 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Well, before I do that, here is the command that triggered this, it's an
> invocation of libtools:
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++
> [...] -lfreetype -lz  -o scribus
> -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib [...] -lgnutls [...]
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnutls

Yep, ok, so in the final link we're trying to link to gnutls and not
finding it. I'd still need Scribus/scribus/Makefile,
Scribus/scribus/Makefile.in and Scribus/config.log to have the faintest
idea why. It'd also be helpful if you could mention your distro &
version, if you recently ran an update/upgrade, etc. Knowing if gnutls
*is* installed would be nice (ask your package manager), and if it is
what files the package contains (at least libs - ask your package
manager) . If you could also report the results of:

fing / -name libgnutls\*.so\* -o -name libgnutls\*.a\* -o \
        -name \*gnutls\*.po 2>/dev/null

that'd help.

--
Craig Ringer