[Scribus] Table rows and columns

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo
Mon May 22 04:00:10 CEST 2006

Tables in Scribus, there's no way to accurately alter and set column
> widths and row heights that I can find.

It's a bit tricky, but it can be done. Choose a table item, then use the
properties palette (X, Y, Z) to change width and heigth. Row and coloumn will
be adjusted accurately.

Tried that but the properties adjusts x and y position and total table width , I can't find individual column and row settings
I need 7 columns 6mm, 6mm, 2mm. 60mm, 20mm, 28mm, 25mm and need to sometimes adjust the 60mm to 70 mm and reduce the last 3 accordingly.
Rrows should be 5mm, 8mm, or 12mm of 8 point Bitstream charter text  in one 2 or 3 lines of info  the additional lines  varies month to month.

Its probably not worth altering scribus for this one instancebut i would be keeno if I could put the Oo tables direct into the scribus page, I'll experiemnt more on this.
Just a thought, its probably been discussed previously, but would it be possible to have Oo as the text editor ans it automatically updates scribus while we work, it could save a bit f fiddling, dunno just a thought. Thanks for all you do, it's very much appreciated.
thanks
Roger