[Scribus] 1.3.4cvs compile problem

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 22 03:30:55 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Tried last night, again tonight, and compiling hangs on something call
> lgnutls:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnutls
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [scribus] Error 1
>
> I didn't find any problems with configure.

gnutls is an encryption library very like openSSL. It's not clear why
configure would be trying to use it. Is it possible that you recently
updated a package that Scribus uses, and the updated version has a .po
file (for pkg-config) that tells Scribus to try to link against gnutls
when linking to it?

Of course, if that were the case I'd expect the package in question to
have also pulled gnutls onto the system in the update.

You might want to post the generated Makefile and Makefile.in from the
directory where the build failed, along with your config.log, to a new
bug on bugs.scribus.net .

--
Craig Ringer