[Scribus] Setting leading

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun May 21 16:39:50 CEST 2006

>I am new to Scribus. I started with the tutorial at
>http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=tutorials/freedomyug/scribustutorial
>but it does not seem to be in sync with the current
>interface.

Hi Ed,

First of all, welcome to Scribus!

Yes. The tutorial is way behind for many things and needs a serious
update to the actual level of Scribus. Can be helpful nonetheless but
it's better to keep this in mind while consulting it!

>Fortunately the interface seems to be well designed,
>and I have been able to find most of what I need
>easily. However I do have one problem, I can not seem
>to figure out how to set the leading without writing a
>python script.

You don't need a python script. Read on.

>I do know python, and intend to explore the scripting
>in the near future, but I find it hard to believe I
>need to write a script to do something as simple as
>changing the leading.
>
>Could someone please tell me how to change the
>leading?

Edit > Paragraph Style is the way to go.

You can set the leading 3 ways :
[ ] auto (% of font size)
[ ] fixed (you set the value)
[ ] lock to baseline grid (you have to set the value of the baseline
grid in the Prefs)

In 1.3.x series, the 3 modes are available from the Paragraph Style
dialog. The icon for leading is actually a pop-up menu and there
you'll find the 3 options.

In 1.2.x the option for Lock to grid is readily available as a check
box option.

HTH

Louis