[Scribus] PS/EPS complex objects editing

Craig Ringer craig
Sat May 20 20:36:10 CEST 2006

CeDeROM wrote:
> hello!
>
> im using scribus to factorize masks of PCB that i create in eagle.
> these are pretty complex vector drawings (black&white pure vector) and so
> when i select such object i have to wait few good seconds for program to
> finish drawing these red selection marks. then i group everything up no to
> see those red marks again. and it works until i copy such object and move
> pasted one - then scribus tries to draw all those "ant marks" around each
> line inside of my groupped object... so i loose contact with program for
> few _minutes_!
>
> is there any other way to efectively edit such complex vector graphics as
> it can be done in corel draw?
> are there any options to turn off those ants or lower preview resolution
> while vector editing?
> i only need to multiply these imported ps/eps designs to fill A4 page...

At this point I'm not sure Scribus is the best tool for that job. You're
talking about a LOT of objects, and a DTP oriented app like Scribus does
quite a bit of work (and uses quite a bit of memory) for each of those
objects.

One tool you may want to try out is Xara Extreme. Its text capabilties
aren't up to the standard of Scribus but it's REALLY, REALLY FAST and
seems to be made for high speed vector work like yours.

--
Craig Ringer