[Scribus] Promotion-material for Scribus?

Zbigniew Szalbot admin
Sat May 20 13:31:34 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I thought about one more tool that we - as a community - could use very
effectively. Namely, if there was a person in charge of writing press
releases as soon as a new version of Scribus sees the light of the day, it
would be more than useful for a *professionally written* PR to be published
either on this list or on a dedicated PR list. Then all willing to translate
into their language, could do it (hopefully offering professional
translation skills too) and send it to all known pc magazines in their
country. I think this could have a tremendous effect on Scribus popularity.
Especially in the MS world where Scribus is little known.

Steps that would need to be taken:
1. Prepare a Scribus PR template
2. Designate someone to write a good PRs in English (attach good quality
screenshots, etc.)
3. Have people translating them to their languages (as far as possible use
those who have some translation experience)
4. Encourage them to build a list of local computer magazines and send each
press release to the editors.

I think that the long-term effect would be more than worth it.

Warm regards,

Zbigniew Szalbot