[Scribus] pagenumbering problem, scribus 1.2.1

Søren Christensen severino
Fri May 19 00:58:10 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 12:46:43AM +0200, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 19. Mai 2006 00:16 schrieb S?ren Christensen:

> > > Hi S?ren,
> > >
> > > Ctrl+# is correct in 1.2x. You have to apply your master page to an
> > > existing one to see the page number.
> >
> > Thank you, Christoph, for a quick reply. But it doesn't work.
> >
> > In the masterpage/page-template I create a textbox, and via the "Edit
> > text" dialog-box I enter "Ctrl+Shift+3" to get a Hash. But as soon as I
> > click the "accept"-icon the hash disappears, and it is not there, if I
> > reopen the "Edit text-dialog"
> >
> > What shall I do?
>
> First, 1.2.1 is a really old version, but I definitely know that I did some
> paid-for work with it, and I used page templates with numbering. Upgrading to
> 1.2.4.1 or even 1.2.5cvs is one thing you should do.

I am considering a upgrade, even to 1.3.xx

> Then, what "Accept" button do you click? You enter the # in a text frame and
> end the editing by clickling somewhere else, and you finish editing a page
> template by clicking "Close" ("Luk") in the dialog. So, where does "Accept"
> come from?

Well, I couldn't find a good name for it, but it was not clear. In the
story editor it's the fourth icon in the icon-line below the menu.

> As for your problem with the shortcut, you can always assign a new shortcut to
> a function. (Danish: "Indstillinger" > Tastaturgenveje").

Ok, I will try that.

Thanks.

Severino