[Scribus] Ps editing

avox avox
Fri May 19 00:51:07 CEST 2006

Jukka Hautakorpi wrote:

> I tried to make easy readable .ps  file with scribus, but it wasn't.
> Is there any way to insert different types of texts in to the scribus
> paper
> area, so that it is human readable in .ps file also?

PS isn't supposed to be human readable. Scribus needs to position every
character on its own to achieve maximum output fidelity. There also might
be problems with reencodings if the fonts were embedded (not speaking
about subsetting, that even converts the text to vector outlines).

> I need it to be able to change some texts from the printable form of file
> via automatic bash script

Sorry, that will not be possible at the moment. There's mailmerge
capabilities
(and more) on the roadmap for Scribus 1.4, but I can't say when we are
going to tackle that.

/Andreas