[Scribus] pagenumbering problem, scribus 1.2.1

Søren Christensen severino
Fri May 19 00:16:15 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:13:16PM +0200, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2006 22:57 schrieb S?ren Christensen:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to insert pagenumbers, and I have seen the instructions on
> > http://docs.scribus.net/ but I cannot make it work.
> >
> > If I insert hashes in a textbox on a template I get hashes on every page
> > with that template. The instructions says something about "Alt+#" but
> > how do you insert that. I'm using a danish keyboardlayout, and the hash
> > is on "Shift+3". If I press "Shift+Alt+3" nothing happens.
> >
> > I saw in the archives somebody refering to "Ctrl+#" -- If I press that I
> > get the hash, but it dissappears as soon as I close the template-dialog.
> >
> > Is it a bug with scribus 1.2.1 (I'm running Debian Sarge 3.1)?
> >
> > Or am I (more likely) doing something wrong?
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Severino
>
> Hi S?ren,
>
> Ctrl+# is correct in 1.2x. You have to apply your master page to an existing
> one to see the page number.

Thank you, Christoph, for a quick reply. But it doesn't work.

In the masterpage/page-template I create a textbox, and via the "Edit
text" dialog-box I enter "Ctrl+Shift+3" to get a Hash. But as soon as I
click the "accept"-icon the hash disappears, and it is not there, if I
reopen the "Edit text-dialog"

What shall I do?