[Scribus] Installing scribus on ubuntu

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Thu May 18 19:40:51 CEST 2006

Oleksandr Moskalenko napisa?(a):

>>> Can you explain me how to get the latest scribus version on Ubuntu. I used
>>> to have linux (redhat) but I don't know ubuntu or debian, and I don't know
>>> what I have to download and what is the installation process.
>>>
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_on_Debian_GNU/Linux
>
> The authoritative source is http://debian.scribus.net actually. I don't
> monitor the wiki page anymore. If there are any changes I make they'll be on
> the webpage.

Hi Alex,
-- since you don't monitor the wiki page anymore, there is no much sense
  in keeping it -- a link to debian.scribus.net will be good enough. In
the long term, we can use parts of your original howto in two separate
light weight howtos for beginners: one for debian (volunteers?) and the
second one for dapper (this one is on my personal roadmap). Hope, you
don't mind.

-- Please place a link to the Creative Commons BY-SA licence on
debian.scribus.net ("About this document"):

-- thank you for being the best Scribus packager, I very much appreciate
what you've been doing

cheers
Maciej