[Scribus] Dilemma: Scribus performance with Vector Graphics in Presentation

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Wed May 17 09:48:29 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2006 02:23 schrieb Johannes Graumann:
> My problem is, that by dealing with such things as graphs in coordinate
> systems (think axes, axis-labels, label-dashes, impulse plots with
> annotation of prominent peaks) and technical drawings, the scribus
> document - while eventually being able to yield a pleasing result - is
> extremely tedious to work with.

Is Scribus the right tool for a presentation with technical/scientific content
like that? As I have no experiences with Scribus with respect to the creation
of presentations - I took this feature as I nice asset to present onscreen a
static layout meant basically for printing - I am wondering why you prefer
Scribus over, say OpenOffice Impress or PowerPoint or LaTeX with beamer? All
three tools offer ways to make the result rather platform independent and
they have more features, as far as the creation of presentations is
concerned.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

--