[Scribus] Dilemma: Scribus performance with Vector Graphics in Presentation

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed May 17 01:56:14 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2006 01:26 schrieb Johannes Graumann:
> Hello,
>
> Naive fishing for ideas:
> - I'm working on a scientific presentation in scribus 1.3.3.1.
> - Graphics are being done in Inkscape and therefore nicely available in SVG
> for direct import.
> - (Necessary) obsession with detail leads to SVGs with high element content
> (imagine coordinate systems plotted with R to EPS and imported into/
> manipulated by inkscape and alike things).
> - Tricks like slide by slide picture buildup expand that problem even
> further (slide 1: part a of a figure, slide 2: parts a and b, ...).
>
> This makes the complete document very difficult to handle (slow
> processor. I have retreated to png export from inkscape (300 dpi), but am
> underwhelmed with the result after inclusion into my scribus document and
> export to pdf.
>
> Any advice on how others deal with similar issues is highly welcome.
>
> Thanks, Joh

Hi Johannes,

Scribus currently has problems with at least some very complex SVG files. See:
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2931.

Try to export as EPS from Inkscape and import the result OR export as high
resolution PNG (1200 dpi).

Christoph