[Scribus] Reporting bugs

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun May 14 23:50:10 CEST 2006

Am Sonntag, 14. Mai 2006 23:26 schrieb Michael Koren:
[snip]

> > I suggest a Wiki page for this structured list.
> >
> > 3. The link to this page needs to be added to the Wiki article on bug
> > reports.
> >
> > #1 is a lot of work, but in the long term it would save a lot of time for
> > those who want to report a bug and those who try to keep track of this
> > all.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I think hierarchical metabugs would be a _very_ good idea, for everyone's
> benefit. Would the reporter be able to report a bug within a category or
> would a maintainer have to put it there?

Bugs would be reported as usual. The Wiki page will serve as a starting point
to make finding related issues easier, before filing a report. This is to
prevent too many "won't fix" or "duplicate" entries. It's a service for
potential reporters.

> > + Vector graphics
> >  +Import
> >   + SVG
> >  + Export
> >   + SVG
> >  + Drawing
> > +SVG
>
> Did you mean for the final SVG group to be "separate" from the two under
> import/export (i.e., containing distinct bugs) or were you thinking of
> multiple "entry points" to the same metabug? Again the question arises who
> (has the authority to) create these categories, the submitters or only
> maintainers?

Yes, the first entry would deal with import issues with svg files, the second
one with export issues, and the third one with svg in general. I don't say
this is necessary, and it's probably too much work. I just wanted to moot it
here.

Christoph