[Scribus] in case this hasn't been mentioned yet

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun May 14 16:17:55 CEST 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Sunday 14 May 2006 04:20, Peter Dinnan wrote:
>
>> Personally I think there will be quite a number of pro/experienced DTPer's
>> jumping to Scribus as it matures (I'm one) and for this reason I'd like to
>> see a 'Guided Tour' type tutorial included in the app download (pdf or
>> online help) or available on the web site.
>>
>> For sure, general tutorials are necessary for those starting out in both
>> Scribus and DTP but it is the Guided Tour that will have the experienced
>> ones up and running quickly.
>>
> Feel free to write one, but you are correct, until 1.4 is done, a lot will
> continue to change. As stated before snap to baseline will change places
> fairly soon.

These aren't tutorials, but I have made a couple of references that I
have created on the Wiki:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_text_frames
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_image_frames

I don't pretend that these are anything more than very basic
compilations of the use of frames.  What I'm hoping is that those more
experienced with DTP/publishing will add to these or make their own
pages that discussed more advanced usage and pointers on work flow.

The advantage of the Wiki is the ease of editing, which helps work
against the obsolescence problems with most existing documentation and
tutorials.
Something that represents an unused potential is the Discussion tab in
the Wiki, to see alternative points of view on techniques and workflow
-- perhaps a way of referencing some of the interesting discussion
threads on the list archives.

Greg