[Scribus] in case this hasn't been mentioned yet

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun May 14 03:17:39 CEST 2006

Am Sonntag, 14. Mai 2006 02:41 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> Steve Herrick wrote:
> > I came across a blog post on Scribus, and didn't find any record of it
> > with a search of the archives, so here you are...
> >
> > http://designorati.com/dtp/dtparticles-4/2006/scribus%e2%80%93an-overview
> >/
>
> Some reasonably good points. Perhaps some "damning with faint praise" by
> the end.
>
> "In its current stage of development we see Scribus as an application
> more suited to the needs of the independent designer or hobbyist who has
> a little more hackerly mojo than the standard end-user (and not a lot of
> cash to lay down on professional packages like QuarkXPress or InDesign)."
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,

you're right, but the last paragraph was:

"This is not to say that Scribus is of poor quality: on the contrary, the
production overall is quite polished, and when installed it seems to run with
few problems. Rather we?d say that one who likes the open source alternative
should keep their eyes on Scribus. It?s in a stage of development now that
suggests that, as it nears maturity, with the passion and obvious devotion of
the Scribus team, this could be the Open Source layout tool."

This can be read both ways, of course, but I think it is written in a way that
keeps the balance between candour and the interests of advertisers ;)

Christoph