[Scribus] Resizing Problem

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri May 12 20:37:24 CEST 2006

secular wrote:
> Thanks for the fast response, Christoph. I've read similar recommendations
> elsewhere, and it doesn't work on my computers.
>
> You're right in that it is under development, but I was hoping it was usable
> enough for a high school class I teach in desktop publishing.

There must be something wrong with your installation -- I have Scribus
1.3.3.1 on WinXP and have no trouble resizing a square in the way you
want. Have you gotten the latest version? You should see small red
squares at the corners and halfway along each side.

There were some crashing problems with 1.3.3, but most/all seem fixed in
1.3.3.1 -- if that's what you have perhaps you should remove, then
reinstall Scribus.

Greg