[Scribus] Scribus Enhancements.

Howard White scribus
Wed May 10 03:11:12 CEST 2006

>May I propose a change to text box manipulation.
>At present a separate menu and dialogs provide node selection, addition,
>etc after selecting the properties dialog.
>
>Can node selection, addition, removal and movement together with a
>rotator handle be automatically 'on' when the text box is selected by
>single or even double left click - these features are standard in cad.

InDesign has two selection tools. The first is like the Scribus tool; you can select an object and move, resize, and do stuff in Properties.

The second is a "Direct Selection Tool." It is intended to let you select objects *within* objects; e.g. change the shape of a frame, select an individual element from a group, select a point on a path, etc.

Perhaps this more general implementation would be preferable. At least it would be for me, as I can never remember complicated keyboard shortcuts.

HW