[Scribus] feedback from typesetting 250 page book

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Mon May 8 23:41:34 CEST 2006

Dnia pi?tek, 5 maja 2006 05:46, Louis Desjardins napisa?:
> >1. My biggest issue was the slowness of using the story editor.
> >To do a find and replace of inch marks to turn them into curly quotes in
> >the story editor it would take up to 30 seconds per replacement. This
> >would mean sometimes a wait of 10 minutes for doing a 'replace all' on a
> > ?15 page article for inch marks alone. It seems that the story editor
> >rescans the entire text for a single replacement.
>
> You have 2 options to avoid this, until Scribus gets better on this.
>
> A. Edit thoroughly all your text in a text editor or a word
> processor. Such extensive Search & Replace ?is simply not a good idea
> with long text in Scribus, from my own personnal experience.

Especially that you can use UTF-8 and use it's curly quotes, em/en dashes etc
which get imported and handled correctly by Scribus (it was so in my case) -
easily done with kate or other plain text editors (even sed should do the
trick I think...)

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?