[Scribus] Indic script support

avox avox
Mon May 8 22:36:35 CEST 2006

Ananga ---- Antony Brand wrote:

> I checked the bug tracker regarding the current lack of indic script
> support
> and I was wondering when it was likely to be implemented, in which version
> of Scribus? What time-scale is that likely to be? No details were given.

Difficult to tell. It's on the roadmap. We need to have the new layout
system
in place first, since the current one wont work for indic scripts. Another
priority is bidi support for languages like Arabic. So all we can tell is
"when
it's ready". I'm pretty sure though that the next stable (1.4) version will
include
international scripts.

/Andreas