[Scribus] Netiquette

avox avox
Sat May 6 13:17:02 CEST 2006

Maciej Hanski wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> then, you obviously forgot to mention windows  in your previous mail. Not
> that I think that it would make much difference in this case.

Dear Maciej!

While we are normally pretty tolerant about netiquette,
we usually don't expect formal titles like "sir" to be used.
Simple "hi" is enough, and no greeting in a response is quite
fine also. For languages like German where there is a difference
between a formal "you" and a colloquial "you", one can chose
either. Most prefer the informal "you" in German postings.

Another important thing: if you use sarcasm, mark that
passage, eg. like this:
<sarcasm>
It's so good Maciej never picks on new posters to the ML.
</sarcasm>

Or just use the appropiate smiley: ;-)

A thing I really appreciate is that you shorten your quotes
to the relevant parts and you don't top-post. I wish more
people would follow that rules.

Cheers
/Andreas

> Truly yours