[Scribus] Scribus-CVS: Problems with values in dropdown menus

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Fri May 5 01:50:37 CEST 2006

Maciej Hanski napisa?(a):
> Maciej Hanski napisa?(a):
>> Kurt Lhotzky napisa?(a):
>>> One correction for anyone who has the same problem: It does not depend
>>> on the themes. I just got wrong.
>>> The solution is strange: If you start (with which theme whatsoever) in
>>> an empty document one of the python-scripts (for instance the font
>>> sample), the problem is solved afterwards... Maybe that's helpful for
>>> the developpers, tooo???
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Kurt Lhotzky
>> Hi!
>> I confirm exactly the same behaviour on my Kubuntu Dapper too. Whatever
>> the theme, the problem disapears after launching a script from the
>> Scripts menu. This is with QT 3.3.5 and Scribus 1.3.3cvs from Monday. So
>> before I file a bug with Kubuntu, could some other users please check
>> with their distros whether there really is no problem with Scribus
>> 1.3.3cvs on their distros -- just try to change the font size in the
>> Properties palette...
>>

> fyi
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/scribus/+bug/37711
>
> cheers
> Maciej

Hi Kurt,
I've found by accident what triggers this oddity on Dapper Drake, see
this screen shot of my desktop:

http://librarian.launchpad.net/2487700/scim_and_qt.png

Right click on the field/Select input method/switch to other method than
scim = things should start to work as expected.

cheers
Maciej