[Scribus] pantone colors

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Fri May 5 01:27:34 CEST 2006

Hello,

I was asked about pantone color support on Scribus and I found this on the
wiki:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_and_Pantone_colors

If I understood the comments correctly  we should be able to produce a PDF
with Pantone colors by:

- defining a color in the color editor and marking it as a spot color
- naming this color as "Pantone 185 C" or any other Pantone name
- not checking the "Convert spot colors to process colors" on the PDF export
dialog

Do these steps actually generate a PDF with Pantone colors? Spot colors are
rendered based on their names, right?

If so, the missing bit is an algorithm to display them "correctly" on screen,
right?

On the link above a set of "Pantone" colours to include on scribus.rc is
mentioned, but it is not available anymore. Does someone have this?

Actually I tried doing that, by creating two colors which were marked as spot
colors on Scribus. One was called "Pantone 185 C" and the other "Foobar
xpto".

Then I generated a PDF. I expected Acrobat to only render the former, since
there is no spot color named "Foobar xpto", but it showed both.

So, how can I know when the PDF really contains Pantone colors?

Best regards
Gustavo

--
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt