[Scribus] Installing scribus on ubuntu

tomacigale mouais.mouais
Wed May 3 18:38:47 CEST 2006

Hi !

Since I cannot use scribus on my win XP (see other topics about crashes on
win XP), I plan to use a computer with ubuntu on it.

I installed scribus with the ubuntu application manager, but the version I
obtained is 1.2.something: I cannot open my 1.3.3.1 file created on winXP.

Can you explain me how to get the latest scribus version on Ubuntu. I used
to have linux (redhat) but I don't know ubuntu or debian, and I don't know
what I have to download and what is the installation process.

Thank you for your help !

Thomas