[Scribus] OT: wars

Raimondas Misius raimondas.misius
Fri Mar 31 19:38:04 CEST 2006

Tino Schwarze wrote:
> PS: Imagine the time when there will be no more enemies. "Enemy" is just
> a drawer in your mind and you're used to putting a lot of stuff in there.

With everything in your post I agree, except with the PS (in part). Yes,
the worst our (and their) enemies reside in ourselves, but no matter how
hard we try to be peaceful with everyone, some vultures outside are
always looking for easy prey. That's the law of Nature, and no matter
how civilized we look to ourselves, still we are naturally born animals
with unique intellectual abilities.

And so, in this _natural_ world we still need to fight, at least for
self defense. The problem lies in understanding and choice whom to fight
-- them or ourselves. Those who are so eager to point at external "axis
of evil" often purposefully fail to acknowledge that they themselves are
the center of it. But raped and extensively humiliated victims still
have the right to complain and/or resist the tyranny, be it in- or
outside. The way we do that is our choice and our responsibility.

Thanks for this intellectual exercise. It helped to fight laziness of my
brain cells :)

And by the way, so that this post wouldn't be total off-topic: this week
has been marked as breakthrough struggle between me and Scribus. First I
thought that I'm trying to occupy Scribus. But when I apparently
succeeded in my first 64 pages poetry book layout, I eventually realized
that it's not me who won over Scribus, but rather Scribus has forced me
to accept its rules and find safe ways around its bug-mines. But
regardless of who won or lost, I still feel as a victor. At least until
my print shop tells me otherwise :) And that would be a reason for
another war...

Good weekend!